Into Work helps disabled people with a wide range of conditions and support needs into work in the open labour market using the 5 Stage Supported Employment Model. This sounds very formal but it’s really not.
Here’s how it works:
Stage 1: Initial Meeting
You get in touch with us – or someone else does on your behalf with your permission.
One of our Employment Advisers will meet you soon after this to discuss our service and your needs.
If our service is right for you, we will allocate you an Employment Adviser and will arrange for you to meet them.
Stage 2: Employment Planning
We don’t want to find you just any job. We want to find a job that’s right for you. One that matches your skills, abilities and interests.
We will meet with your regularly to learn more about you and your employment goals. During this stage we can:
- Look at your past work experience, educational background, training, hobbies, or other areas of interest or expertise, to help you recognise your skills and abilities that are relevant to work
- Advise you on training or education courses that could be helpful to you.
- Understand how your condition may affect you at work – or be affected by work
- Work with you to improve confidence within a workplace setting and to implement workplace strategies
- Look at areas that might be holding you back in getting a job and work with you to overcome these
- Advise you about working whilst still receiving benefits
- Advice you about coming off benefits to start work and what that can mean for your finances
- Look at how your benefits will be affected by having a paid job
Stage 3: Job Search
At this stage you will be clearer about the type of work you want and be more confident in your abilities to undertake work.
We will work with you to:
- Create a CV
- Complete job applications
- Prepare for job interviews
- Increase your skills and confidence when applying for jobs
To help you gain experience and confidence and to help you find out the type of work that suits we can also organise:
- Work placements
- Job tasters
Stage 4: Applying for Jobs
There are many different ways to apply for jobs and many different types of application process.
We can help you by:
- Supporting you with the job application process
- Negotiating with employers to give you the best possible chance at interviews
- Negotiating adjustments for you in the work place
- Supporting you in work
- Delivering disability awareness training to your employer
Stage 5: In-work support
We can support in your new job for up to 6 months. We can also help you progress in work – e.g. to increase your hours or to find a job that better matches your skills and qualifications.