We work closely with local employers to help them recruit and retain disabled people and those with health conditions.
Employers can find out about our Autism Works training that can help you to be an autism-confident employer – through specialist
Government funded training!
Visit our Training and Consultancy page for more details.
I’ve learned a lot about the importance of working with the third sector. Really impressed with Into Work.
Kirsten, Franklin Templeton Investments
Our Employment Advisers can provide advice and practical assistance with:
- Enhancing your recruitment practices to make them accessible to more disabled people
- Job interviews – to ensure disabled people are given the best possible chance to shine
- On-going support for you and your employee
- Specific disability awareness training for staff
- Workplace adjustments, which can often be quite minor, to ensure your new employee has a smooth transition to employment
Into Work has specialist expertise in working with disabled people with a wide range of conditions and support needs, including those who have:
- An Acquired Brain Injury, including those recovering from a stroke
- Asperger Syndrome or an Autistic Spectrum condition
- A physical disability
- Dyspraxia and Dyslexia
- Mental health condition
- Visual or hearing loss
- Learning disabilities
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
This list is not exhaustive.
How employers can help
Benefits employment brings
- financial independence
- a better standard of living
- improved physical and mental health
- increased confidence
- expanded social networks and social skills
- opportunities to develop a career by gaining new work skills and knowledge
You can help make this a reality
- Tell us about your job vacancies – you never know, we may have the perfect candidate for you
- Offering job tasters or work placements
- Getting in touch with us when you just need some practical tips or advice
- Volunteering staff time
- Donations – financial donations will help us support more people. In-kind donations of stationery, IT consumables, etc are also welcome
‘It’s important for us to work with the likes of Into Work and continuously review how we approach selection, recruitment and attraction of candidates with disability’